Cornutopia Mapper v1.16
A downloadable tool
Looking for the ultimate free tile map editor? Well here it is!
Cornutopia Mapper is a tile map editor. The program can be used to design levels for games that use a tile map. Typically 2D platform games and breakout-style games use tile maps, but many types of game use them. Almost any game with level designs can use a tile map.
Cornutopia Mapper was designed to be very comprehensive:
- Maps can be any size from 1 to 10000 tiles wide or high.
- Tiles can be any size from 1 to 128 pixels wide or high and can be rectangular.
- Up to 32 layers are supported. Layers enable you to store more than one tile per cell of the map. Useful for including start positions of players, or pickups for example.
- An unlimited amount of brushes (copy buffers) can be cut/copied. Brushes are arranged and stored on a separate palette page for easy selection.
- A wide variety of map formats can be selected including BYTE/WORD/DWORD maps and maps that encode layers as bit patterns. Maps can be imported from or exported to specific byte offsets in any file.
- Maps can be exported as ASCII text.
- Hex map editing is supported.
Includes a full pdf manual and some example 32x32 pixel tiles.
Cornutopia Mapper is completely free to use and I'm happy for you to bundle it with your game as a level editor. If you use it and like it then please donate something or perhaps buy something of mine. Thank you.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.